So sorry bloggers, this week has been insane because I am graduating on Thursday.
Wait. Rewind that last part.
I am graduating on Thursday.
This isn't happening.
This past week I've taken three AP tests. I might have passed government, but we all knew there was little to no hope for Economics or French. Actually, take that back on French, because on the national French exam I placed 7th in the state. Who would have thought that I, the failure of the French class and only one of three not in the top 10%, would have done better than everyone but two other people? Apparently my teacher didn't either because it took her a moment to collect herself before telling me. You could call it a mixture of shock and pure amusement.
I snuck out twice. And they were on school nights! Mom, I know you read these posts so don't be alarmed...technically one time was the senior prank that you knew about because 15 people gathered at our house at 11:20 to go. The other was when I left from 10:30-12:30 Tuesday night to go hunt armadillos. If I didn't confirm my lameness by just announcing to the world wide web (and my mother) that I snuck out and I was so excited at my "rebellion", the part about hunting armadillos definitely did.
My last day of school was spent having a dance party in my first period AP English classroom, crying when saying goodbye to my French class (this would be the same one I've had for six years) and my math teacher, and finally, taking the AP economics exam. Yeah I know that last part was a super annoying last part of high school, but I almost enjoyed myself for two hours of drawing cartoon figures of Mr. Darp in my free response booklet. What else would I spend my time doing? It's not like I actually understood econ enough to complete any of my questions fully. Whatever, long hair don't care.
I've gone to oodles of graduation parties and I realize that those are one of my favorites of all parties. Sundresses, May weather, cute and overdone decorations done by adoring moms, and of course, food.
I had a family shin dig yesterday after church and I got to have alllll my favorites, including an Olexa's cake.
Shrimp and grits, collard greens, and a baby blue salad. Yummyyyyyy.
Awards day was Friday, and not only did I get tosleep until 10 wake up to the sound of my family running around my house at 6:45, but wait for it, wait for it, I GOT AN AWARD!
Not a big award, I just got to stand up for the French thing. But that's big time for me because it never happens! I spent the rest of the day eating red velvet cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, napping, watching Criminal Minds, going to a graduation party, and finally, night swimming, which everyone knows is the best time to swim.
Currently, it is a Monday morning and I am sitting eating granola and strawberries with a cup of coffee at V. Richards with Aldog. I am up to date on my thank you notes, I ran a new route this morning, and I have no plans for today for the first time in a long time. I might go fishing at noon, I might go to Pilates at 4:30, but I basically am on my own time schedule. You could definitely say that all is right with the world.
To the Moon and Back,
Allie
Awards day was Friday, and not only did I get to
Not a big award, I just got to stand up for the French thing. But that's big time for me because it never happens! I spent the rest of the day eating red velvet cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, napping, watching Criminal Minds, going to a graduation party, and finally, night swimming, which everyone knows is the best time to swim.
Currently, it is a Monday morning and I am sitting eating granola and strawberries with a cup of coffee at V. Richards with Aldog. I am up to date on my thank you notes, I ran a new route this morning, and I have no plans for today for the first time in a long time. I might go fishing at noon, I might go to Pilates at 4:30, but I basically am on my own time schedule. You could definitely say that all is right with the world.
To the Moon and Back,
Allie


No comments:
Post a Comment