Sunday, September 4, 2011

Meet Mah Gang

So in my search for new blogging techniques to try out, I stumbled upon one that my cousin, Lindsey, started, but has yet to finish. It's called, Meet Mah Gang. I know y'all enjoy reading about the mundanities and daily struggles that coincide with my existence but I think it's time I branched out of the box. The general principle of Meet Mah Gang is that I dedicate one blog post to one of my friends and just give you tidbits of info about their life. Stalker-like? Yes. Potentially embarrassing? Without a doubt. Am I going to proceed anyways? Heck to the yeah.


I thought I'd start with one of my most loyal bloggers/editor in chief, Alston. 
Gang Member Profile
Code name: Aldog
Basic overview: running cross country (when ankle is healthy), being a ballin' lifeguard at MBC, making really good grades (because she's a genius and is going to get into Vandy. NBD.), and leading bible studies, the Olympian Pageant, the Bubble,Spartan Pride, and pretty much anything else you can think of.
Special talents: making fun and energetic running schedules, knowing when to come over and help me (when I'm burning down the house, having a breakdown, doing math homework, etc.), always willing to take the time to go grab lunch/O'Henry's,visiting me at work regularly, and a solid babysitter because she is more patient than I'll ever be.
Loves:anything Vandy,grammar, Auburn football (gag), Zoe's chocolate cake, going a on a run,baby bites, and being with her frandz (translation: getting to hang out with me all the time).


When I say I love this girl, I LOVE THIS GIRL. She always manages to keep me in check, whether I'm having a bad attitude, not trying enough in school, or being my usual ridiculous self.  She's one of those friends who will cry with you and you will cry with her, literally. This sounds redonk and totally teenage girl-ish, but there is no one I rather have a break down with because not only does she always know what to say, but her tear ducts are in sync with mine and therefore, she never leaves me hanging in the crying area. Usually, by the end of these "breakdowns" we're both laughing hysterically at our lives. She always will come to my house and watch me bake/cook/destroy my kitchen and does it willingly...all my other friends I have to threaten or bribe!


Aldog is that friend who sometimes frequently gets messed with by our friends. I guess it comes with being hilarious and willing to be different than others. It's out of love, but that doesn't mean it's any easier to take and she braves it gracefully. The same people, though, who mess with her to no end will turn around and defend her any time of the day. It obvious to any of our friends how much she is truly loved


She's a genius. Enough said. She also works hard in school; she doesn't take the easy way out and you can regularly find her in the library during 6th period studying AP Latin. (It may look like she is totally immersed in a book/talking to herself, but I promise she's trying to memorize something for that class.) But then again, she can also be found sitting outside with a diet coke and talking to her friends about anything. Her favorite subject of conversation recently has been her little girls in the bible study she's leading every Wednesday morning. She never complains about having to get up early for it, or whether or not the girls will be willing to pay attention, but exudes her excitement in getting to have an impact in their lives, selflessly and without ceasing in her enthusiasm.


Her best quality is definitely dedication. She always is doing the right thing, whether it be studying and making sure she understands any school concept, regularly exercising (She runs every. single. day.), or paying attention to my cousin that I'm supposed to be babysitting while I'm coloring with Anne...yes, that's happened before. She is dedicated to reading my blog, spending time with all of her friends, her youth group, and any other organization she takes part in. But above all, she is so firm in her faith in Christ and never fails to tell me exactly what I need to hear, no matter if I'm in the mood willing to receive it. I thank God for her every day; whether she's running into school stressing out about a test, or totally letting loose with her friends at a GNI. God really knew what He was doing when He placed her in my life.

To the moon and back,
Ali

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the Meet My Crew!! :) Now that I'm back in school, I'll do a better job of getting those written.

    Absolutely LOVE your version of it. Made me teary just reading those sweet words about Alston. She truly is all of that and so much more.

    ReplyDelete