Monday, September 19, 2011

4-0 and Meet Mah Gang (part deux)

Current status: freshly showered, sitting in bed while watching Say Yes To the Dress: Atlanta (because everything southern is always better), after a big Mountain Brook win against Homewood. It was a nail biter, and we almost didn't have a run through sign and we didn't have poms. I also turned psycho at the sight of an intense football game and the whole run through sign fiasco. OH YEAH and we have to run Monday because we have zero capabilities in the "staying in your squad lines" area. BUT we won and we're 4-0 so that makes everything better.

So for Meet Mah Gang I would like to introduce you to Anne.
Of course I used a football season pic. She's also rocking my button. What a stud.
Gang Member Profile:
Codename: Gallowasted.
Basic overview:tennis team extraordinaire, former cross country runner, future Furman student (wink, wink Anne. Don't go to auburn), Creek Tribe assistant chief AND spent 50+ days in a row with me this summer with Hungary, beach, and life in general. She's also a ballin jersey girl and can regularly be found riding a flying turtle through the school.
Special talents:always knowing when I feel cool/think I have a cute outfit on/am trying to name drop and she will call me out on it. An expert at the art of casual traveling, JustDance2 for wii, and being the perfect jersey girl. Also exceptional at fruit cutting and always knowing the perfect Bible verse to tell you whether you're in the mood to hear it, or not.
Loves: Dancing and zumba, fruit, her 3 younger brothers, going on walks/runs, math, camp desoto, her fabulous church, Boden (don't k now what that is? Basically J Crew meets British mother. So it's Anne's style in a nutshell), dress up days, baking for our math teachers, bright colors, her "night meds", and Emmy J's (I know they're spelled a different way but I'm too lazy to care or check).

Anne is one of my oldest and dearest friends. We were on the same softball/basketball/volleyball teams all through the years, usually with her dad as the coach. We then went to camp together for 6 years. 6 long, long, long years. And then I went to Hungary with her church this past summer and so I chose to make it 7 years in a row to spend a month out of my summer with her. When were in college, we still are going to set time in summer to chill (hopefully 1+ as DeSoto counselors...if they hire us back). She's going to be a tough one to leave, especially since she's going to Furman (not Auburn. She cannot go to Auburn on me.) and I'm going to Bama. But in typical Allison/Anne fashion, we avoid the subject entirely which is easy because Anne is always in a good mood and you're makes you 50X happier when she's around.
Hungarians4lyfe



She's energetic. You can regularly find her dancing around the school and on occasion, riding through the mall on a flying turtle. She has a high pitch voice all the time, except when she prays it goes back down to normal level. Whenever she's being mischievous and doing sometime I don't want her to do (i.e. stealing my phone, my clothes, and calling me a name dropper) she always says, "It's okay, it's okay", like she's doing me a favor. She also loves to make me look like a horrible person at times...and in a sick and twisted way, it actually helps me. Here's an example: We would both be complaining about person/thing getting on our nerves...let's say babysitting...and then an hour later, I'll start complaining about it to someone else and she'll say, "Allison that's awful! I love babysitting because it gives me practice being a mother and you should care more about kids." Moral of the story, though it may get on my last nerve, her evil strategy keeps me from complaining...or at least while I'm in front of her. 

Anne always knows what my favorite compliments are. She never fails to tell me how radiant I am or how skinny I look on a particular day or how hipster my outfit is. And likewise, she tells me she knows when she gets dressed in the morning if I will complement her outfit of the day. She's a sucker for a corny and ironic math joke. She's also a total 9. (Don't know what the hey I'm talking about? Check this out!) She likes everyone to be happy and she tends to avoid conflicts at all costs. She also helps me grow (I'm a 6 wassssuppp) because I love people who reassure me. Anne is the epitome of the good friend. She builds people up, she is including, and her joy and eagerness is contagious. 

She loves spring, peanut butter, the movie Hot Rod, going on walks, and tennis skirts. The only thing she hates is when people fight and when I substitute A's for other letters in certain words. All in all, she's a solid individual and I dig her a lot.



Love you, mean it,
Ali

P.S. Said girl just busted into my house to bring me a wellness plus smoothie because I'm sick. What a gal.

"Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again." -Max Lucado
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this...and LOVE ANNE! I will always smile when I think of the request she gave for fresh fruit when she got home from Hungary. I also totally agree with you...she has dance moves like everyone else could only dream of having :)

    ReplyDelete