Saturday, February 11, 2012

Well, Now What?

Football season is over.

Basketball season is ALMOST over. thank the Lord


That means cheerleading is almost over.

And that means I'll have time on my hands and not be jetting off to practice for the first time in 6 years.

6 years.


In addition to this, I don't know if its just because I don't care about school any more or my teachers don't care about school anymore but I have zero schoolwork this weekend. Okay and when I say zero I mean I have a Jane Austen bio paper due friday but I don't understand the topic/can't find any sources regarding her influences that are actually credible online. And I do have an Econ test monday that I am getting tutored on tomorrow.

So basically I have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING all day. Literally woke up, made breakfast, cleaned my room, ate lunch, took a bath, watched Mrs. Congeniality, baked cookies, went on a 15 minute walk by myself, made dinner, and now am sitting by the fire watching the Alabama LSU basketball game. My friends are all either out of town, babysitting, or sick so its looking like homegirl is homebound tonight.

And if you know anything about me, you know this is NOT okay. I crave human interaction like someone on a diet craves the Great Wall of Chocolate at PF Changs- and human interaction that is my family does not count.

I choose to blame this, along with my chronic and constant inability to stay warm, on the dreaded enemy: Winter.

Here's just a couple of looming hope in the future that is getting me through this dreaded season...

Just ordered this sucker today. It was easily the highlight of my day.

I am obsessed with coral. Like OB-freakin-SESSED.

Spring Break. I beg of you to hurry up.

There's two seasons in my life: football, and seersucker. February-Marchish April is my own version of purgatory.

 Ask me if I baked 3-dozen cookies today. Go ahead and ask me.
And of course, coffee. 

But there are some things currently that are making me ever so ecstatic to wake up in the morning...

- My first AFRICA meeting is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- I've gotten in this habit of waking up super early in the mornings and either making breakfast for my fam or going to Starbucks at 5:30 and having "me" time. It sounds miserable but I absolutely love it. Annnnnnd it might make me feel like a hipster.

- Valentine's Day is Tuesday, and I know this holiday makes people absolutely mis but I think it's awesome. All you do is show some love to people, you don't necessarily have to be dating. For instance, I 'm getting up early (Why am I so lame?) and making heart shaped foods for my family, possibly baking for my friends but considering I have two games the night before basketball season ruins lives it's probs not going to happen, and doing something fun for dinner but I don't know what yet because I'll be home alone. Yes, the parentals going on a date AND Goob is going on a triple date.
Let me let that sink in for a second.
My younger brother, Wayne, is going on a date.
A DATE.
And I'm sitting at home with dog and cat. It's a sick and twisted world we live in.

- I re-did my blog! Yes, I only did it because one of the people's blog I stalk secretly changed her's and it inspired me. And while I'm still striving to trace the rainbow through the rain, I'm also being taught a hard lesson about letting go of the reins and cease in dwelling in the selfish things that eat at my soul and consume my thoughts. That means more positivity, less whining. More smiling, less yawning. More reinforcing truthful, encouraging ideas to myself rather than beating myself down with the lies that I have been reiterating to myself for too long. I'm letting my worry down and embracing the life and joy that He is offering me.

Only one more month of winter. Push through, guys. We can do this.
Okay I'm going to go bake some more. Deuces.
Allie

"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy." - Whitney Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment