Okay, confession time.
Lent = not really my cup of tea.
Mainly because I am possibly one of the most undisciplined person I know. Unless when it comes to school in some cases; the exceptions being anything English or history related, or if it's something I can taunt my friends about when I'm finished a ridiculous amount of time earlier than them.
Well, you see, one of my goals for 2012 was to become more disciplined and so here I am on Lent's Eve resolving to take a huge leap into the pool of self-deprivation. Gulp.
This year, I'm giving up sweets.
This means no Olexa's cake.
No cinnamon rolls on Spring Break.
No Dawsons on Spring Break.
No snacking on the batter or dough of my baking creations.
No Only 8.
Nothing.
Nada.
And let's get one thing straight, I am NOT doing this to lose weight before Spring Break. That's a plus, but I see let as a way for us to give up one thing, and spend the time and energy we usually devote to it instead focused on God. You can't say you're giving something up "for Lent" with aims geared towards benefitting yourself, and not centered on a rededication to God. As for motivation, me theory is it's not like I'm never going to have Olexa's cake, a cinnamon roll, Dawsons, cupcakes, dough, only 8, dark chocolate, icing, etc. again...after Easter, I can divulge. But until then, all those cravings are for Him alone.
But in all seriousness, this is going to be a loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg 40 days.
Shoot up a prayer for me fellas.
Allie
PS I went to see NEEDTOBREATHE at the Alabama Theatre last night. Ah. Mazing.
Come on
Sing like you used to
Dance like you want to
Come on now and open your eyes
Love this! Can't wait to see what God teaches you these next 40 days. I chose to give up sweets, too...glad you'll be able to hold me accountable!
ReplyDelete