The University of Alabama
Home of
14
National Championships
It all started January 1, 2011. Right after Alabama's bowl game victory in Orlando at the Capital One bowl. That is when the process began. All throughout spring training, practice, summer workouts, and finally, in August when the ball was first kicked off. It went throughout that football season, mowing through 12 teams with only 1 loss. And the road ended with the rematch of the century (second only to Hoover/Mountain Brook 2011 of course) and also meant meeting that team, the LSU Tigers, for the BCS National Championship in New Orleans, Louisiana. You could say that order was restored...
21-Zereaux
Can I get a Roll Tide?
It gets even better, readers. Yours truly was there. Yes you heard right, the Ingram fam jam took two days off from school to head down to the Big Easy for the game. We drove down Sunday morning and arrived just in time to check into our hotel/hospital (no one ever listens to me when I tell them to make reservations early, so yes, our hotel was connected to a hospital) and make it to Emeril's Delmonico for dinner. You could say I gorged myself and I would have digitally documented the feast if I knew it wasn't frowned upon. I spilt the cheese sampler with Mom and had the crab and brie special for my main course. Also, I had to have my favorite mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and sauteed spinach on the side. Emeril apparently places a lot of emphasis on the refilling of water glasses because NEVER was anyone's glass 3/4 full. Goob and I counted, 12 times they refilled. 12 times. 12. Yeah. They don't joke in Nawlins.
That night we ate beignets avec une cafe au lait pour moi. C'etaient tres delicieuse. It was here that the Ingram/Smith/Crowell clan occupied the entire back right corner of Cafe du Monde. Let's just say there were more family members present there than at Thanksgiving.
![]() |
| Considering the lack of pictures/photogenic moments our family claims, you're looking at the 2012 Ingram Christmas Card. Happy Holidays and Roll Tide Roll. |
On Monday, Mom and I ate at Mother's for a particularly greasy and perfect breakfast and then milled about the French Quarter for the day until game time. We also walked down Bourbon Street, which I was fascinated/disgusted by. I can see the appeal and I think I'll enjoy it when I'm not in Nola with my family, but some sights made me just want to go and take a shower. The time finally arrived and we piled 10 people into Big Red, my dad's trusty red Ford expedition, and headed to the Superdome to wait in line for about 30 minutes. Worth the wait you ask? I'm appalled you would even ask.
![]() |
| First time to wear a jersey! And AJ McCarron made me proud, Mr. Offensive Player of the Game. |
It felt like a home game...for LSU. It was about a 65-45% spilt and the commentators definitely had that Cajun flair to their style. And I'll try to erase that flashing "SACK!" sign from my memory that appeared when LSU made their only sack of the game, but was missing when we made all of ours. Whatever. We won. Honeybadger don't care.
And the best part was after the game all the LSU fans cleared out...not just out of the stadium, out of town. So Nawlins was just one big Bama bash all night to celebrate, just the way we like it.
![]() |
| COME TO BAMA WITH ME |
I'm so unbelievably ecstatic to be calling the University my home for the next four years! Even if we hadn't won I still would be pumped beyond belief...it finally hit me that I will be in college with people who all possess the same football preference with me. Goodbye daily Auburn fan encounters. And although I'm not quite ready to peace out of the Brook yet, at least stop two is lookin good. Let's just pray that I won't be kicking and screaming on the inside still when the day comes to pack up and move into Tut.
Roll Tide,
Allie
"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself." -The Bear



Love this! I think my favorite line was in reference to our trip to Cafe du Monde when you wrote "there were more family members there than at Thanksgiving." True that...and the GOOD family. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to experience your first Bama National Championship! Hopefully you'll get a few more while you're in college. ROLL TIDE!!