Saturday, October 29, 2011

Meet Mah Gang (Smives)

Y'ALL I'm particularly excited about this installation of Meet Mah Gang because
Ivy Israel
is one of my freakin' favorite people on this earth.
Gang Member Profile
Codename: Smives
Basic overview: former cross country runner (she's my favorite running buddy...from when I used to run),future Brit, ballin' guitar player,future Vandy student,one of the funniest people on this planet, and nutella enthusiast.
Special Talents:She plays guitar like a boss and is especially talented in leading our Donna Greene group in singing time.She never judges me for my weird antics, in fact she generally approves. HILARIOUS writer...she needs a blog. Ivy is also absolutely brillant. I mean she's vandy bound, and she's one of those awesome smart people who don't rub their intelligence in your face and is always willing to answer my dumb questions. She's going to be British.There's no if ands or buts about it. She is going to live in England running a coffee shop with her extremely attractive and also British husband. Ivy is a legit hipster because she doesn't realize it. She also can consume 2 pans of Sister Shubert rolls along with a jar of nutella in lightning speed. What can I say? She's a stud.
Loves:Nutella, England, sweaters and other such hipster clothing, pints of ice cream, Seagrove Beach (peace, love, sb'10), zumba and hype classes, her family of 7...she has 4 older brothers and I'm more than slightly jealous, the movie Bridesmaids, anything punny or witty, her cat, Fluffy, aka best cat in the world, JH Ranch, and anything that you can wear a t-shirt to.
She's a beaut. 

Ivy is one of my top favorite friends. She sits behind me in first period english and always finds a way to brighten my day, even if it is just me leaning my head back on her desk and creepily smiling at her. She's endearing; she sincerely loves people and is especially gifted in putting up with my overdramatic antics. She's also stinkin hilarious. One time we needed credit for having "written" our first draft of our research paper in AP English in 11th grade so what she did was write a really strong intro and about 3 sentences of her first paragraph, and then copy and paste one particular sentence over and over again with her own commentary for 4 pages. Literally almost wet my pants from laughing so hard. Did I mention how smart she is? One of the perks of standardized testing is that Ingram and Israel are right next to each other in the alphabet so we get to mock the testing system together. Well one time, when we got our PSAT scores back, and I was so excited about my 89%...until I saw Ivy's 98%. I said, "Ivy! I think you made national merit!". Her response, "Oh really? That's awesome." Ok I might be slightly off accuracy but you get the point, she's so smart and doesn't even realize it.

Poor Ivy's shirt hadn't come it, but she was supposed to be
Barnical Boy. Spongebob references are where it's at.
One of my best memories of Ivy is spring break 2010. I was in Seagrove, she was in Seagrove, and so we spent probably close to 8 days in a row together. Those 8 days consisted of us eating unhealthy and extradorinary amounts of food, mainly carribean salad, her mom's bread, pints of ice cream, pizza, and Betty Crocker individual cakes. In addition to eating, we also taunted her cat, ran amuck with others, encountered many situations that would have been sOoOoOoO rOmAnTiC...had we been a member of the opposite sex, and intense people watching on the Seaside beach at night.

Ivy loves England. I love to make her happy, and the easiest and most rewarding way to do that is to bring up England. She even brought me back a coffee mug to add to my collection with the British flag! Her sense of style is also legit hipster...sweaters, skinny jeans, hipster shoes, etc. She dresses like Hermonie Granger/ Emma Watson.

One of my favorite memories of Ivy was her birthday this year. We began the day with Ivy, Anne Pell, and I going to OHOP, just the three of us because everyone else was taking the ACT. They weren't taking because they were in the 34-35 range. Yeah. I didn't take it because I was lazy and could not handle sitting through the science section again. Then we went to the art museum to do a pointless English project which was actually really fun and relaxing. After that we went to Anne's dad's little league football game for the team he coaches, and I got sunburned. Of course. Before watching the Alabama Penn State game with Ivy and my brother, we went to my favorite place known to mankind...Dreamcakes. The day was finished with a surprise party which ensued all of our friends storing Ivy's bathroom in our pjs, eating chinese and red velvet cake, and watching Princess Diaries 2. My Saturday nights in a nutshell.

I freakin' love Ivy. She's relaxed and chill, and absolutely hilarious all at the same time. She is so ADORED by all our friends...she was even voted most dependable for the senior class. Talk about a cool gal that I am SO thankful to know.

To the moon and back,
Allie

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucious 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Ivy is a winner, and I will be very sad if she ever leaves the states for England for good...but I will go and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete