Wednesday, August 24, 2011

La rentrée

Like my clever French title? It means, the return, aka school restarting. For any of you real French speakers/enthusiasts out there, there's a small possibility I might be incorrect my spelling so don't judge. Although J'adore français, I couldn't pass off as a legit Parisian ever. Nor could I probably pass off as someone who's taken French for 6 years...oh wait, that last one is true. My life is a joke.


Actually I take that back. My life is where it's at right now for many reasons...
1)It's almost fall. Around 5 or 6 oclock, the sun is starting to give off that fall afternoon lighting that I'm absolutely obsessed with. But unsurprisingly, it's still an average of 90 degrees in Alabama.


2) FOOTBALL SEASON. IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! #ihavenolife #dontcare. Jamboree was last friday night (see photo below) and our first regular season game is Friday at Shades Valley. The dress up day is "School Shades Valley"...nerd day. And as usual I am resorting to bribery, threats, and force to insure school spirit and to get people to dress up.
Friday night lights. SENIO12S.


3)My schedule is ballin. My first 4 classes are my "hard" classes; first is AP English, where I'm not taking the AP test so I'm simply enjoying the class (taking a class for the joy of learning instead of for passing a standardized test? What a novel idea!). second is AP French which I've had the same class in since 7th grade and we have more inside jokes than majority of my friends. Third is precal...shoot me in the foot. But I'm obsessed with teacher so maybe I'll survive. Fourth AP Gov/Econ. Meh. Then after 4th I do absolutely nothing. Fifth is free with literally all my friends. Sixth I'm a teachers aid for my cheer coach in her Adv. History class (10th grade)...two of my favorite things ever, history and cheerleading. Seventh is marine science and that alone should tell you that I'm a senior and I do what I want.

4) I love my friends to death, which isn't unusual.
These are my friends. And we throw up deuces like it's nobodys business.

I also went to Alabama and Auburn bid days and it hit me that that's me in a year. Gulp. Annnnnddd cue pretending like it's not happening.

This is Julia. Julia goes to college so I don't get to see her that much, which sucks. Julia, on the other hand, does not suck.


I probably shouldn't fail to mention that I might have already lost my english binder and text book. Claps for yours truly. I also think I might have a concussion right now from banging heads with 3 different people in 2 days of cheerleading practice. Oh and don't forget how I managed to get myself front and center for the senior panoramic picture...and when I say front and center, I literally mean I am on the front row of my entire grade dead center.

And I've also asked my final date to the ball, and yes, we ask for a ball in January the first week in August. Total Mountain Brook Move. Let me give you a mental picture on how the asking went down...I casually walked up to target date and friend of target date and started a quicky convo at my locker. When target date started to leave, I calmly said, "Hey (target date)! Quick question...want to go to the ball with me?" Target date then replys, "Yeah sure!" (duh he does, I mean I am the most sought after date in the entire flippin school. #whyamisingle) and "target date" becomes "date". We then proceed to high five...a high five that I unashamedly initiated. Then friend of date jumps on high alert at the word "ball" and yells, "Did you just ask him to the ball?!" Well obivously, friend of date. Friend of date then yells to other friend of date who happens to be one of the loudest people I know, "HEY ALLISON JUST ASKED (DATE) TO THE BALL!". Overly loud friend of date then proceeds to yell to the entire mall, "WOOOOO ALLISON JUST ASKED (DATE) TO THE BALL." Everyone within a 50ft radius then proceeds to cheer and yell for us as I try to shove myself inside my locker. Meanwhile, other friend (we'll call her "Softball") bursts into tears of laughter...or tears of joy. Whatever way you chose to view the situation. Only in my world does stuff go down like this.

Peace. Love. SENIO12S.
ali
"Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow. And if tomorrow comes, love again." -Max Lucado

1 comment:

  1. 1---Football season is going to be the highlight of the year
    2---Love that picture of y'all throwing up the deuces. Classic
    3---Countdown to Bid Day 2012 is officially ON!
    4---You forgot to mention how you fell in the middle of the parking lot at Chez Fon Fon. Hopefully everyone will read the comments so they will know. :)

    ReplyDelete