Friday, August 12, 2011

Allison Applies to College...Maybe

It all started one day. One day I was checking my twitter and I started to see the occasional tweet that would say, "Just sent in my application. Roll tide!" or "Officially Bama bound...RTR." Then I started to think, "Allison, is it time for you to apply for college? Wait that can't be possible...you're just a sophomore." And then it hit me. I am not a sophomore. I am not a junior. I, Allison Leigh Ingram, the same girl who got bread stuck on the wrong side of a pan last night, am a senior. Gulp. All you blog readers have been reading about it for months, my looming senior year, and now, it's upon us.


So here's the question, do I go ahead and send in a application to Bama? Well I thought this last night so my answer was why the hey not. Then I got to the first "step in the process"...look at majors. I am now taking suggestions on what to be when I grow up so if anyone has the faintest idea of something that I can do that doesn't involve blood, lots of math, or entertaining small children everyday, please shoot me a text/email/message/Pinterest repin telling me what to do with the rest of my life.


We have officially one week left until school starts and I hate to say it, but I am SO PSYCHED about school starting back! I just like routine and I like seeing all of my friends regularly...sue me. Plus I did what I had been saying I would do for 5 years and that was completeting my summer reading before August and not procrastinating it off. So I am so very proud to say that I finished Beowulf, Grendel, Murder In the Cathedral, along with all of their reports, AND all of my AP French homework with 2 weeks left in the summer. Get up Mountain Brook. This means I get to spend my last couple of days doing what I want which usually means getting on Pinterest or baking.


The only bad part of this time of year if you don't count school starting back is when friends leave and go to college. I had to say goodbye to Juje last Thursday (check out her blog if you can find it. I tried to find it and link something for the first time ever, but once again, I failed miserably). Even though she goes to school 45 minutes away at Alabama ROLL TIDE ALL DAY and I see her frequently during football season especially, it's still not very fun. And like my sunburn and any other inconveniences in my life, I treat this issue by pretending it's not happening. My life is Allison.


Speaking of football season...we literally have 1 week until Spartan football season kicks off. Meaning tailgates, dress up days, pep rallies, pre-game meals, after game parties, cold weather, excessive cheerleading pictures, and lots and lot of good food. Pray pray pray that we have a good team this year and it doesn't rain frequently. And yes that is probably a selfish prayer because I want a fun senior year, but who doesn't want their football team to kick butt/make it to Bryant Denny Stadium for the state championship so Allison can fulfill her life long dream before she throws in her pom poms?


Green and gold forever, y'all.
Ali


"Southerners have a genius for psychological alchemy...If something intolerable simply cannot be changed, driven away or shot they will not only tolerate it but take pride in it as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment