ok, I'm not usually one to enjoy this sort of thing but OH MY GOSH THIS IS ADORABLE!!! personally, I don't think I would particularly want my marriage proposal to go like that, but I think it's so creative and so cute!
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2011/05/17
it just so happens that one of my friends' favorite topics happens to be their ideal proposal. for instance, over Christmas break, my cousin Lindsey took me and four of my friends to the fabulous New Orleans, inspired by one of her late night, spontaneous college adventures. at night, we were eating at this place called pizza pi...as in the math pi symbol. nerdy, yes. mediocre, slightly. 2/5 people in the group annoyed that they couldn't find a place that served fried oysters within a mile of our hotel IN NEW ORLEANS, pository. so anyways, as we awaited our geeky, decent, and non seafood pizza, one of our dinner topics was an ideal proposal. 3 of my friends launched into elaborate plans involving rooftops in Paris, a "lock of love" (?), bridges, twinkle lights, and songs especially written on the guitar for the occasion. well, to each her own.
meanwhile, my other friend's involved hiking to a waterfall or at the hunting camp and mine was either Christmas morning in the "why did I get up so early to open presents?/ its HOW long until lunch?/ nap time and watch Christmas movies" time frame or at an alabama football game. ok, I know the later sounds a tad redonk but just think; alabama is singing rammer jammer after beating auburn or tennessee or any other team for that matter, and you turn around to a marriage proposal. yeah I know, ultimate "love my life y'all" moment. also, i can pretty much quarantee that everyone (even the pinky-less elderly man who sits next to my family and who high fives us after every first down) would give us high fives and roll tides in full jubilation.
also the proposal trailor idea also got me SO PSYCHED about tomorrow night. I'm going to my first midnight movie premiere! we're seeing the 4th pirates of the carribean movie and I could honestly live not seeing it the second it came out, but were just going because we can and because we're 17 and we do what we want. I know I will probably regret this decision when i have to go to school the next day for 7 hours, then work right after, and then go to the lake with my friends. in other words, starting tomorrow night, I'm throwing it down* all weekend. heck to the yes.
*throwing it down: (N, V, exclamatory expression) to let loose, go crazy, have a rockin awesome time, do what you want, exc.
and while were at it, I should probably explain my colloquial expression "I'm 17 and I do what I want". a couple of months ago it hit me, why do I put myself through so much unnesscessary stress and worry about things that I 1) dont care about 2) don't want to do 3) don't matter? life's just so much easier if I do what I want and not in the selfish way, just in the way to not do worry about things that, in the long run, amount to nothing and to do what I actually want to do. for instance, I tried out for choir. sure I didn't make it, but I wanted to do it, so I actually did it. it makes sense in my mind just not when I try to explain and put it into words. it also serves as a very witty comeback to anything. example: "allison, why didn't you read that required book for english?" "cause I'm 17 and I do what i want. and the AP test is over, therefore all I am required to do in this class is play angry birds." best lifestyle option ever.
to the moon and back,
ali
"Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live." -Henry van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment