Sunday, June 3, 2012

...when am I allowed to stop moving?

School work and GPA building.
AP Tests.
Graduation parties.
Graduation presents.
Registration organization.
Graduation.
Senior Trip.
More registration organization.
Bama Bound.
South Africa packing/planning.
South Africa.
College packing/planning.
College.

...hold on one sec while I catch my breath.

Whew. Guys. I was not prepared at all for the busyness of this whole "graduating from high school, going to college thing". Not prepared in the least. I got home from the beach two days ago (Thursday) and I have yet to slow down since. Yesterday was dedicated to returning clothes, exchanging presents, stationary ordering, and college supply accumulating. Today was registration and Bama Bound boot camp. 9.5 hours. 9.5. I skipped a meal because I just forgot to eat. That never happens.


Even though this season is a hectic one, it's also a really, really fun one. Every time I walk upstairs and I see that colorful, monogramed, mini Bed Bath and Beyond sitting in our activity room, I get really excited. Like unnaturally excited, because organization supplies are my jam and I've gotten enough to keep me rocking for a long time.

Opps you thought I was joking.
And ignore that giant picture of me. No matter where I hide it, my family always finds it.
Plus graduation was really sentimental but it was also just like a big party. Here's some picture story telling for you.

Luncheon at The Club.


We had a mother-daughter luncheon on graduation day so we donned our dresses, took more pictures than a human being should, and sat and listened to our mother's give us advice. Some of my personal favorite tidbits were...

"Always say yes to the first guy who asks you to something, because he might not be your destination but your transportation." Mother then explained a story about how she said yes to this guy who she just didn't like, but then met all of his friends and a future boyfriend. Gotta love it.

"Walk in like you own it, walk out like you bought it."
Rush advice at it's finest.

"Whatever you do, don't drink anything out of a cowboy boot."
This was my personal favorite.

And then that night, I graduated.



Look who came to the Ingram's shrimp, corn on the cob, and salad night! My newly reunited childhood friend, Molly. She's awesome.
Oh yeah, we got another Olexa's cake. That makes four this month.
Check that off the list. Next? SENIOR TRIP.
We went to Seagrove to one of my friend's house mansion. Let's just say that we had 17 girls and 3 chaperones and we probably could have fit about 5 more people comfortably. I spent my trip doing what I do best: staying out of the sun, drinking coffee, eating excessive amounts of fruit and West Indie Salad, and reading my Kindle. It was absolutely heaven. That reminds me! I have a couple new favorite trickets to introduce y'all too.

My Kindle.
Best graduation gift ever. I devoured Sarah's Key and I got about 15% through Pillars of the Earth. Not only is it fabulous for the beach because it's light and portable, it's also glare proof. Can you say 27 hour trip to South Africa in 24 days?

My Aerolatte Milk Frother.

Fill up a coffee mug with about a third cup of milk, stick this sucker in there, and you have your very own latte. My friend's mom had this at the house and I fell head over heels in love with it, so much that I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond the day I got home. I feel like this is the start of a beautiful friendship. 

Other picture highlights from the trip...
A little instagram love from one of my morning runs (yes, you heard right. this girl was up at 7 naturally every day and spent the first 30 minutes of it on a glorious run through the Seaside backroads). #whyamisoartsy?

Fruit bowls with the best peaches known to mankind.

She loves me very, very much.


Post run morning routine. Coffee and kindle time.
We loved our big bathroom. Especially the mysterious chair.
We assumed this was it's purpose.


Well, that's really all the bloggage I have in me today. I also need to get out of bed and tend to that cursed cat who is meowing at me to feed him. Bahhh.

To the moon and back,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment