Friday, April 13, 2012

Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies Known to Mankind

It's been a long week.
I came home from watching my friends at a track meet at about 10 tonight and was desperately in need of some major unwind-age. So I put on my go to "everything's going to be okay" sweatshirt and started to make my little track star/spend the night guest/loyal economics tutor Alston her favorite chocolate chip cookies. I googled "best chocolate chip cookies ever" and a link to Martha Stewart's soft cookies popped up so I just went with that.
And they rocked.
So naturally I had to share on the blog!


Almost-Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 1 dozen cookies)

1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sour cream
about 3/4 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
2) In a electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes) and then add egg and vanilla. Mix.
3) Mix the flour and sour cream in two parts into the mixer.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips
5) Place dough on wax paper and stick in the freezer for 10 minutes.
6) Bake for about 13-15 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees

To the moon and back,
Allie

20090510175357_large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment