Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Fever

I SURVIVED.

It's finally SPRING! If the 82 degree temperature reading doesn't confirm it, then the pollen that has dusted the entire southeast certainly does. And I'm as happy as a clam about it for several reasons, mainly because that means I don't have to be cold anymore, and also because everything is significantly better in spring and I dare you to tell me otherwise.

This was a good couple weeks. Ready for the highlight reel?

I went shopping in Hotlanta last weekend with my mom and literally bought out LOFT, J Crew and Anthro. But the by far best part of the entire trip was breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. One of the greatest aspects of when it's just me and my mom traveling is, well, that my brother and dad aren't there. Not that I don't love them and everything, but they have a tendency to always be in a rush and not want to enjoy a big breakfast, refuse to spend the money for a big breakfast, and are usually complaining about how they didn't sleep perfectly in the "uncomfortably" small beds that they "have" to share with my mom and I. So Marilyn and I did it right this weekend and had them wheel it up right next to our bed and relished every bite.

Finished the 3rd Nine Weeks! Not to toot my own horn or anything but I made A's in English, Cheerleading, Marine, and office aid. Okay so only English actually counts as a real subject. Annnnnnnd I made low B's in Math and French. Typical. And we can just ignore that 77 in Econ. Give me a break! It was my first C ever and Econ is just not my area. I even spent many a nights/early mornings in the Mountain Brook Village Starbucks pouring over the books with my much more economically capable friends as they put these theories and concepts in my mind through the only terms I can understand. Cupcakes. For example, what is the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility? The first cupcake is great; the second is just as good, if not better; the third is meh; the fourth is pointless; and you throw up the fifth. Economic genius right here.

That reminds me! As the most ballin' and risk-taking second semester senior I am, I've spent three different school nights this week baking at 11:30 for no reason whatsoever. True Life: I live on the edge.

Last night, 7 of my best friends spent the night at my house. 4 of which had research papers due the next day. 1 of my parents actually knew they were coming in advance. 0 knew there was 7 total.

Also, for English we read Pride and Prejudice.
I died.
I didn't even put that sucker down for a week. The movie showdown will be taking place in the near future.

In less than 48 hours I leave for SB12. Location? My heaven on earth, Seagrove. Companions to said heaven? These kids...
\
Excited is an understatement.

Today was my "sun exposure warm up". We went to family friends' pool (they're on their vacation right now) and laid out all day. From 12-2:30 we searched for a way to get someone to bring us all smoothies and we eventually went to get them ourselves, ultimately because Hannah wanted a baconator. We will do great things someday. Oh wait, it gets better. I had to work to close the store today for an hour. I wore my bathing suit, greasy, sun screened skin, no make up, and a t shirt. There is not a doubt in my mind I scared many of the children who came in. But you do what you have to do...all is fair in love and tanned skin.

Finally, to finish out this wonderous post, here's my top five of March so far...
1) Ben Rector. Addiction.
2) Going on walks in this unbelievably GLORIOUS weather.
3) Whole Foods bakery. There's nothing like getting in the car with a all natural dark chocolate skim latte with a whole grain blueberry muffin and an Ingrid Michelson song comes on. Talk about hiptser. Thennnn you realize you're arguing with your mom on the phone about parties and prom dresses.
4) My new denim button down and colored jeans. Oh and my seasonally acceptable hot pink shorts. They're baaaaaaack.
5) Baseball. You think after my friend/high school pitcher drilled me with a baseball last spring that I would have some resentment. Nah, I'm as dedicated as it gets! Unless you count my dad, who, I swear goes to all the games just to brag about how the pitcher hit his daugher and she didn't shed a tear. I'm pretty much a rocktar.

Enjoy the break blogstars! I know I will.
Allie

"Love willnot betray, dismay, or enslave you. It will set you free."
-Mumford and Sons

 

No comments:

Post a Comment