Monday, December 26, 2011

Post-Christmas Daze

Well. Here we are on one of the saddest days of the year.

December 26. The day after Christmas.

My Christmas rocked, if I do say so myself. Christmas Eve in Florence (Wayne discovered he is allergic to weiner dogs. Emergency zertec runs are the best.), Candlelight service and waffles complete with matching Alabama footie pjs for the whole Ingram family, and I watched The Holiday by myself and relished it. Christmas morning meant cinnamon rolls, Church again, and a HUGE lunch. I unashamedly ate my weight in stuffing because it is my favorite and I do what I want. Then of course, the long winters nap, followed by a long winters bath. Christmas night we had our traditional pancake throw down with a bunch of friends. Oh yeah, then I stayed up until 3am watching One Tree Hill.

And then I go from the best time of year to the worst, in a matter of night's sleep.

Today womps because you spend it tired, bloated after your week long food coma, bitter because you are officially on the SB'12 diet and resisting all the sweets that resulted in that food coma, depressed because you are putting up all the decorations, and finally, you realize that the next two months are literally the worst. No one, and I mean NO ONE likes January and February. If someone told me, "Oh my favorite time of year is January because it's freezing cold while not being Christmas and I love all the exciting activities that come with it's arrival." I would probably abandon the conversation with said person immediately, because they are obivously a noob.

But as I am trying to mold myself into the stubborn optimist, I will share the few things there are to look forward to for the month of January.
- On Wednesday, two of my friends and I are road tripping it to the great state of Mississippi to visit some of my sweet Camp DeSoto friends. A trip that I am finally taking after 8 years of never getting around to it!
-NYE (or for those who aren't appart of the abbreviation generation, New Years Eve). Do my friends have plans yet? Nope. All we do know is that there will be sparkly dresses that are never acceptable unless it is NYE, and lots, and lots of non-alcoholic grape juice. Definition of a throw down right here.
-NOLA.The one and only University of Alabama Crimson Tide is competing agaisnt their hated rival, the Louisanna State University Bengal Tigers. And the Ingram family is traveling down to the big easy, my new Alabama jersey in tow (THANKS SANTA), to watch an intense rematch, but one that will be won by Bama. Duh.
-Football banquet. So what if I am the only one who looks forward to this?
-Long weekend. Yes.
-The event of the year, the Candlelight Ball. Nothing says Mountain Brook like excessive planning, dieting, dress/earring/shoe shopping, and swing dancing quite like these little throw downs. And I'm not going to lie, I'M PSYCHED.
Sidenote: I'm convinced they hold these balls so that second semester can compete with the utter joy that is first semester football season. Sorry, B-ballers, no one likes or will ever like basketball season as much as football. But I will say that watching 17 episodes of One Tree Hill in 5 days has helped me cope much better.

Okay, okay, so maybe January won't be as sad as it usually is. Plus I've got some new obsessions...

Hello, my dear.

Who says you don't have to wear these just when it's raining?

Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars



Addiction.

To the moon and back,
Allie

"Some people believe that raven’s guide travelers to their destinations. Others believe that the sight of a solitary raven is considered good luck. While a group of ravens predicts trouble ahead. And a raven right before battle promises victory." -One Tree Hill


1 comment:

  1. love the new blog design!! looking forward to january and all the free-time it will bring us to hang out...and cook french food!

    ReplyDelete